Walk With Kogen in Severna Park’s Independence Day Parade on Monday, July 4th, 2022
Arrival Times and Check in Procedure
Kogen Dojo’s Staging Area is Space 23
St. Martins In-The-Field Episcopal Church (SM), 375 Benfield Road, Severna Park, 21146
- You may arrive at the staging location between 8:00 am and 9:30. You can arrive after 9:00 if you are scheduled to go later in the parade. Benfield Road is officially closed at 9:45.
- Please carpool to avoid traffic jams and have someone drop your volunteers off at the staging location if possible.
- You will be greeted by a volunteer who will give you a number indicating your staging location. The number corresponds to your place in the parade and must be displayed on the right side of your vehicle so that the Judges and MC can see. Walkers can carry the numbers.
- Once in, another volunteer will direct you to your staging location. You must go to your staging location and stay until a volunteer tells you to enter the parade.
- The parade begins promptly at 10:00 am. Volunteers will direct you when it is time to enter the lineup. Please do not go around other entries to get into the parade. Those at the very front of the line are the Color Guard, Police and Sheriff, Fire Department and other first responders who must return to work.
- When you reach the end of the parade, you may go straight out to Ritchie Highway with your vehicles. However, the residents at Sunrise love to see you so we encourage you to turn left into Sunrise to greet the residents, and then onto the Woods Church parking lot. Walkers can be picked up at Woods Church.
- Please keep moving when you are on the parade route. A gap can cause all kinds of problems, and it is very dangerous when other entries go around a slow vehicle or walkers. We will have volunteers on the route to keep you moving. When there is a large gap people think the parade is over and they leave. PLEASE KEEP MOVING AT ALL TIMES.
- Parking is available on at St. Martin’s in-the-Field church in the back lot, and on Truck House Road which is around 400 yards from the church.
- You can also park at the Severna Park Baptist Church, 506 Benfield Road.
- You can park at the Severna Park High School at 60 Robinson Road, Severna Park (off of Benfield)
- While it is a long walk, a driver can drop people off at the church and park at Woods Church, 611 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd, Severna Park, then walk back to the staging area. That way you will have your transportation at the end of the parade.
- Rest rooms are inside of the churches.
Waiting to Enter the Parade
- We expect to have beautiful weather on Monday. Remember to bring water, snacks, games, and sunscreen. AND, get to know your fellow parade participants. You can meet a lot of great people at the parade!!
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to send an email to email@example.com
Thanks so much, and let’s have a great parade!!!